This 2-day tour will begin and will end in Kigali, This tour is designed to suit the time constrained travelers who limit themselves to visiting only the Volcanoes National Park to track the Mountain Gorillas and afterwards depart to Kigali international airport to catch their evening flight. The first day of this gorilla trek you will drive from Kigali towards Kinigi. On day 2, it will be tracking gorillas, and then returning to Kagali same day after the gorilla trekking.
- This tour starts and ends in Kigali
- We can help select your international flights, but you’ll have to book them yourself
- Fly to/from Kigali Airport (KGL – Check price)
- Transfer from and back to the airport can be arranged for an extra cost
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged
- This tour include accommodation.
- Wildlife viewing activities are run by the lodges/camps and will be shared with others.
- This tour Can start any day depending on the availibility of the permit
- This Tour Can be customized if you request changes to this
- This is a Private Tour will be organized exclusively for you. However,
- Solo travelers can book this private tour.
- The minimum age for this tour is 15 years.
- Getting around: pop-up roof minivan & normal 4×4 vehicle
Wildlife in Volcanoes NP
Day 1 Drive from Kigali to Volcanoes National park
Our driver will meet you at Kigali Internationa airport or At your Hotel. Then be transferred to Volcanoes National Park, home to the remaining gorillas in the world. stopping for pictures will be an exciting part of this 3-hour journey. There are spectacular and breathtaking views along the way. The view of the Rwandan mountain terraces will surely leave you in awe. The area is referred to as “Switzerland of Africa.” Volcanoes Park is a mountainous and biodiverse area found in Nourthern part of Rwanda. This is a home to the remaining gorillas in the world. These gorillas feed on fruits, leaves, and roots from the fern species and trees inhabiting the park.
Where you will say
Main Destination: Volcanoes NP
Meals: Dinner at the Lodge
Accomodation: Gorilla Luxury Lodge
Day 2. Gorillas Trekking, Back To Kigali
In the morning at 6.am get up early, take your break fast and drive to Volcanoes National Park station for Registration and briefign befor you start the gorilla tracking. This activity is proven to be one of the most thrilling and exciting wildlife experiences that individuals should not miss. The gorilla trekking may take between 2 and 6 hours. However, this is all worth the time and effort. An experienced ranger will guide you and participants of this tour. The ranger will also share some interesting facts about gorillas’ lifestyle, and flora and fauna within the area. This tour gives you the chance to spend an hour with the gorillas before you go back to your lodge, eat your lunch, Visit Ibyiwacu Cultural Center and travel back to Kigali.
From 1950 USD
Included in The cost
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits (One per person, non-resident)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
Excluded in Cost
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees