Hiking Mount Bisoke should be on your your list of things to do while in Rwanda. Mount Bisoke also known as “Visoke” is one of the active volcanoes found within the Virunga ranges of mountains found in East and Central Africa. With a height of 12,175 ft, Mount Bisoke lies within the borders of Rwanda (Volcanoes National Park) and DR Congo (Virunga National Park). The summit and greater part of the mountain is in Rwanda. The mountain was formed as a result of a rift that is gradually dividing sections of East Africa. It has two crater lakes – one at the very top and the other (Lake Ngezi) found midway. Its last eruption was in 1957, giving it the biggest Crater Lake within the Virunga mountain ranges.
- This tour starts and ends in Kigali
- We can help select your international flights, but you’ll have to book them yourself
- Fly to/from Kigali Airport (KGL – Check price)
- Transfer from and back to the airport can be arranged for an extra cost
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged
- This tour include accommodation.
- Wildlife viewing activities are run by the lodges/camps and will be shared with others.
- This tour Can start any day depending on the availibility of the permit
- This Tour Can be customized if you request changes to this
- This is a Private Tour will be organized exclusively for you. However,
- Solo travelers can book this private tour.
- The minimum age for this tour is 15 years.
- Getting around: pop-up roof minivan & normal 4×4 vehicle
Early Morning at 4.00AM our Driver will pick you up at your Hotel and drive you to volcanoes National Park headquarters in Kinigi. Here you register and get briefed on the hiking guidelines and also provided with hiking equipment before driving to the Head Trail to begin the Mt Bisoke Hiking tour at 9.00Am. With your porter and lunch box, embark on your mountain climb wich will lasts between 5 – 6 hours or less to the top for the experienced hikers and 2 hours to descend back to the base. Back from the Volcano, take luch, Visit Ibyiwacu Culture Center, and drive Back to Kigali where we will arrive around 6,00Pm. Drop you off at the Hotel or Airport.
From 250 USD Per person
Included in The cost
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Hikind permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
Excluded in Cost
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees